We've got you covered!
UPDATE: Following recent government announcements, we wanted to reassure all customers that our hygiene measures (listed below) will continue to remain in place in order to protect you and our professionals
Your health and safety are our absolute priority at this time, so to protect you and your beauty professional we have introduced enhanced hygiene and safety protocols for all at home beauty services. You can now relax knowing that your blow LTD vetted and tested beauty professional will look after you in the safest way possible.
As the leader in expert beauty to home services in the UK, we have been working with the Department of Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy and industry trade organisations to create best practice COVID-19 hygiene protocols to protect you and your beauty professional during your services.
It will now be compulsory for every blow LTD beauty professional to:
- Wear a clinical-grade, three-ply mask and be equipped with disposable gloves and a disposable apron to wear during your appointment. All shoes and extra bags will not be carried into the house
- Carry and deploy a checked and regulated kit containing anti-viral soap, a thermometer, disposable towels, wipes and sprays to sanitise hands, tools and any surface areas involved in your service.
- Hold a Barbicide COVID-19 certificate for hygiene, issued for the professional beauty industry.
- Sign up to the NHS COVID Symptom Tracker to monitor daily health, including a temperature check before your service.
- Absolutely not work if feeling unwell.
What we ask from you
During this time of heightened health and safety, we kindly ask you to prepare for your blow LTD appointment in the following ways:
- We recommend wearing a face mask during your service to protect yourself and your beauty professional.
- Get in touch with our customer service team if you are unwell or experiencing any flu-like symptoms to rearrange your upcoming booking - no matter how last minute!
- We are sorry we cannot serve you at the moment if you, or anyone in your household, is considered to be a vulnerable person at this time.
- Choose an area for your service which is close to the entrance or well ventilated by open doors or windows. Plus, ensure other members of your household are not in the same room during your service.
- Ensure your beauty professional has easy access to hand-washing facilities.
- Clean and disinfect the service area both before and after your appointment.
What to expect
To ensure the health and safety of both our customers and beauty professionals, we have trained our beauty professionals to prioritise hygiene and sanitisation.
All of our professionals will deliver the following stringent hygiene protocols at every appointment:
Before the service
- On the morning of the booking, your professional will sign in to the Covid Symptom Tracker app to confirm they’re not showing symptoms of Covid-19. Professionals will not work if they are unwell.
- We are advising our professionals to drive, cycle or walk to the appointment if they can. If they take public transport they must wear a face mask, keep 2 metres apart from others where possible and carry a hand sanitiser.
- On arrival your beauty professional will be wearing a mask and introduce themselves at the door. All shoes and personal items will be left at the door.
- Please show your beauty professional to the service area you have prepared. This should be close to the entrance or well ventilated by open doors or windows. Plus, ensure other members of your household are not in the same room during your service.
- Your professional will wash their hands and forearms thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with their own personal antibacterial soap.
- Your professional will wear a mask during the service. For an extra precaution, they will offer to wear a disposable apron and disposable gloves if you require it.
- Your professional will prepare and re-sanitise any equipment needed for your service and prepare the service area with a disposable covering.
- During the service
- As an extra check, your professional will offer to take their own temperature.
- You will be asked to listen and respond verbally to the consultation and hygiene checklist.
- Your professional will wash their hands and forearms thoroughly before and after the service and in between people if it’s a group booking.
After the service
- Any equipment used in the service will be sanitised and the service area wiped down and cleared of any residue.
- Your professional will collect and take any rubbish with them.
- For an extra precaution, after your beauty professional has left, please sanitise any surface areas, door knobs etc they came into contact with during their visit.